Ardingly Reservoir - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

There is a car park at the bottom of the reservoir, but the gates are locked at 7pm. So I would recommend parking on the drive and walking up to the reservoir via the public footpath and flying after the gates are locked.

Be aware that there is some national trust land at one end of the reservoir. (This actually belongs to Kew, but it was administered by the NT)

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/07/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Cheers Dean for adding to DroneScene.

1 Like

A little update. There are “no drones” signs up at regular intervals along the path around the reservoir.

However, there are public footpaths around, and it would seem possible to leave the reservoir path, climb a hill through fields, to have a higher TOAL point with better opportunities for VLOS flight.

I am not quite sure where to post this so apologies if in the wrong category. I have flown quite a few times at Ardingly and when I went there today it has declared itself as a nature reserve and there are lots of signs around the place saying drones not permitted. It is a strong bird watching centre so can probably justify the nature reserve status.

It might be worth updating the where can I fly my drone map so people don’t have a wasted trip there, we also have a marker saying its okay to fly there and it might be worth considering removing it

David

No restrictions whatsoever in that area so that can’t enforce a no drone policy. However it’s probably common sense to avoid areas such as that with increased bird activity. I tend to steer clear of such areas as well.

1 Like

I’ve moved it here.

Until a 'proper ’ restriction is in place other than some jobsworth throwing a few signs up, visitors can decide themselves :person_shrugging:

1 Like