Ashton Memorial, Williamson’s Park, Lancaster - Added to Monuments in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

There is a small car park up near the monument accessible from Quernmore Road.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 16/08/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

If that is an entry for the photo competition you have about 90 minutes to add it to the thread!

Wasn’t my intention. I’m not one for entering competitions normally. Thank you for the heads up though :+1:
Just had a peek & it’s outside the date range anyway.

1 Like

If you’re involved in the competition you’ll be v.busy. When you’ve time I’d appreciate any criticism’s

1 Like

I’d already put the picnic bench in front of the memorial on DS as it’s a good place to set up. Someone else used your spot last Sunday to fly from, whilst I was there.:sweat_smile:
When did you film that? Nice video.

Thank you. It was about 5 weeks ago. Gorgeous sunset. Would you believe all those colours are as recorded. Only post production was cutting & splicing. I thought it might be a little dark if anything though.

I’ve only done sunrise there. But yep, the colours can be fantastic without any post processing.

Indeed. It’s great now the park is open all the time too instead of opening/closing dawn/dusk
You’ll have less people about in the morning. Luckily it was just after a nice storm so nobody around. :+1:

1 Like