Avonmouth Docks - Added to Everything Else in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Parking and TOAL was from the end of King Road (51.504196, -2.700781).

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 12/02/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Great shot. Thanks for sharing. Its very close to my house so must visit and get my mini2 over it when the weather is better. Did you take any videos for your youtube channel ?

Cheers
Neil

1 Like

Hi Neil, thanks. There’s certainly a lot to offer down there; ships, containers, cranes, wind turbines, bridges … makes some great content. Just watch out for the wind though, as those gusts can throw a spanner in the works.

No video at this site, this shot was a detour on the way back from a video shoot in Wales. As it’s very close to the Severn Bridge :+1:

Yes imagine it can be quite windy down there and turbines would also be a hazard.

I see the port police (they have their own police force) driving around so it might be interesting to know their views on drones. It looks like flying there is ok but I wonder if police if the port police would be aware of drone regulations :thinking:

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/about-us/port-bristol-police

Anyway its on my hit list for sites to fly at now … thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance but what is TOAL ?

Take off and landing

Check out our table of acronyms and abbreviations below.