Bathampton Toll Bridge & Weir - Added to Bridges in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Parking at the top of the lane on London Road West, to avoid paying the £1 toll and joining the queue of traffic trying to cross the bridge. TOAL from Bathampton Mill beer garden (I bought a pint of coke for £3.55).

Bathampton Weir on the River Avon is about 600 years old, built originally to provide enough depth for the waterwheels for the early grain mills on both sides of the river. You can still see the hole where the original wheel was housed on the south side of the river. This is now situated in the garden of Bathampton Mill, a large, riverside pub. The weir is a favourite place for wild swimming!

Bathampton Toll Bridge is an arch bridge carrying a minor road across the River Avon near Bathampton, to the east of Bath. It is a Grade II listed structure. The bridge was built of Bath stone by Hickes and Isaac in 1872, for the Bridge Company Turnpike Trust.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 20/03/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Nice pic. Like the use of leading lines in composition. :+1:

1 Like

I am interested to know where you took of from thanks JC

The post tells you where. TOAL = Take Off And Landing

1 Like

Welcome to GADC, too. :+1:

1 Like

Thankyou i need to up my flyers lingo :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @clinkadink :grin: