Belvoir Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 16/03/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Very nice, that’s right on my doorstep. I have been wanting to fly near there for a while but sadly good weather and days off work have so far not meshed.

I fell really lucky and had my drone in the car already. Im between Grantham and balderton. Im trying to think of other good places to look at.

My bucket list so far is Newark castle, Humber Bridge, Southwell cathedral
and Lincoln cathedral

1 Like

Yeah similar to my list, I’m originally from Newark so after seeing youtube videos I thought bingo I can get a great pan shot passing the North West tower and a reveal of the river side of the castle toward the bridge. I paddle past it enough that would be a great different angle, except it’s a bit dicey with the drone code distances and there is always a clip board warrior so I have passed, which is bloody annoying I bought 4 batteries for my anafi and I have hardly used one. I will have to save the drone for when I go paddling around Anglesey!

1 Like

Aha I’m only at fernwood.

Yeah Was wondering about the drone code for Newark castle. I was thinking about doing it early one morning so there’s less public about but the railway lines pretty close. I’m confident there’s no risk (I also have pts as I work in the rain sector) but we know how over zealous Newark authorities can be.

Many Thanks for this @craigbarlow18.

I am pretty new to the wonderful world of drones, I was looking at investing in a DJI Mavic Mini, but wanted to know where I can fly it from.

I just drove around Hucknall and couldn’t really find anywhere suitable, ill check this place out tomorrow.

Cheers!!

There’s parking next to it too (not sure if the car park will be open at the minute though) but definitely worth a look.

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @craigbarlow18 :grin:

I’ve flown here too @craigbarlow18 :grin:

1 Like

Hi. I used to live in Hucknall. You could have a look at Brinsley Headstocks near Eastwood. Had some great videos from there. Also Newstead Village has some good places. If you get in the right place can fly to Newstead Abbey. Just be a little careful not to fly directly over the Abbey, don’t think they would thank you for that. You can get some good videos from over the lakes etc. Another could be the Colliers Wood at the bottom end of Engine Lane, close to Moorgreen Garden Centre. Just a few to be going on with lol.

Hi. Done Humber Bridge and Southwell Cathedral. Got some brilliant video from both of them. Humber Bridge is amazing if you can get there for either sunrise or sunset. There’s a park directly behind the Cathedral with a car park. Perfect for an unrestricted view of your drone whilst flying there. I actually flew mine once from within the grounds. I have family that live in the grounds so fortunately i can get access through the tradesman’s entrance. Only did that once because API got questioned by the Duchess and was asked to to fly there. She was very good and pleasant about it. Made my apologies and left. Have flown from the car park by the retail village a couple of times since.

1 Like

If anyone who has flown here can add some useful updated TOAL or parking places for this one, as its not easy to get anywhere near it on it a whim from what I’ve seen.

1 Like