Benderloch beach - Added to Coastal Scenery in the Scotland region on the map at DroneScene.co.uk

I have just added this to the UK Map of places to fly your Drone at https://dronescene.co.uk

6 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Ozzy :+1:t2:

No problem, just be careful at this location there is a small airport 1.7km away to the perimeter fence.

1 Like

This will be in a NFZ when the new Drone laws come in so please remove if necessary. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, @Ozzy :+1:

We only ever say that people have flown in these places - not that they can be flown, and that they should always confirm with current laws and bylaws before flying.

And - the new laws came into effect last Wednesday, 13th. :wink:

2 Likes

Dave, FYI, I just came across this on Dronescene. Benderloch Beach (Tralee Beach) is now well inside a FRZ.

There are probably many others.

As above, and as always, DroneScene is only places where people have flown, and everyone must make their own assessment of the current situation before flying.

At least DroneScene now has the restriction zone information displayed … which until recently it didn’t, so at least people using DS to locate places to fly are equipped with the latest information, in that respect.

One should also remember that, because a location is within an FRZ it doesn’t mean you cannot fly there - but it does mean that you need the appropriate permission to do so.

1 Like

True, and the annoying thing here is that Oban airport is hardly used and only by light aircraft. It’s a cracking beach, we walk the dog there and I’ve often wanted to fly there but not worth the hassle.

Love this area, we stop on the carvan park at North ledaig, at the time of this flight I had contacted the airport and they suggested the top of Beinn Lora or the beach where I was but to be careful. Shame as I had a few more flights planned but there are plenty more beautiful areas to fly.