Bosworth Water Trust - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Parked on site for a small fee, the site is open all year round was February when I flew here so wasn’t busy so didn’t have any issues. Be cautious at busy times might be worth giving the trust a call on 01455 291876 if planning a flight at a busy time of year.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 19/01/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Thanks for adding to the DroneScene map. :+1:

1 Like

Theres also a fishery over the road so plenty of lakes and ponds to focus on :grin:

Lovely images!

Its looking at pics like this that make me want to break government quaterntine rules and just go fly my drone :joy:

Thank you, was taken on the mavic mini back in January under the winter sun.

Guessing you’re in a local lockdown area of the country then?

1 Like

No, I recently arrived back from the canary Islands which even though its 1000 miles from mainland Spain and has very little COVID cases they are classed as Spain none the less.

I am peeved to say the least :grimacing: I have worked 2 jobs for 15 years and have little time off. I will have been off work for 6 weeks by the time I go back :man_facepalming:

Ouch feel for you there pal nothing worse than being stuck in the house for 14 days!

I brought the mavic mini back in January the flight at bosworth was my first flight and my last due to the weather then lock down happened. Ended up watching loads of drone videos on YouTube and seen the specs and features for the mavic air 2. And as I never got furloughed I’d managed to save a nice sum of money due to lock down so just bit the bullet and brought it lol.

Hopefully you’ll be back out flying in no time :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. Its an addictive passed time if your. Not already you will soon be hooked :+1:t2:

Well and truly hooked lol dragged the missus out tonight back to chesterton windmill, just it’s just started raining… (and thunder) lol

1 Like

I did call them today to ask and they said that drones are no longer allowed to fly at Bosworth water trust :confused:

I must admit I didn’t ask I just flew. But it was back in January on a cold morning with next to nobody around.

2 Likes

I doubt they’ve ever allowed drones on their land :man_shrugging:

Don’t worry though, looking at the satellite map there’s loads of places nearby that you can take off from and fly safely over to the lakes :smiley:

3 Likes

The use of Bosworth Water Trust has changed in the last year, you used to be able to drive in and out at will but it has now changed to rentable Lodges much like a Caravan Park…