Brill Windmill - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Last owned and used by the Pointer and Nixie family who also baked bread in their house in the village With timbers dating from 1685, Brill Windmill provides one of the earliest and best preserved examples of a post mill (the earliest type of European windmill) in the UK. Management and ownership of the Grade II* listed mill was passed to Buckinghamshire County Council in 1947 who, through a number of major interventions, have ensured that the mill still stands today. In 1967 the Council installed a structural steel framework that helps to support the mill's ancient timber frame but means that the mill is static and can no longer turn to face the wind.

Public common land with Windmill and picturesque village. Public car park (free)
Does get busy with walkers/dog walkers/ picniccers etc in good weather but large common land area so very easy to keep separation distances if your qualifications call for them. Extremely nice at sunset and sunrise. Have flown here many times with no issues at all.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/01/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

It looks as though your YouTube post is Private. It will need to be changed to “Unlisted”, at least, for anyone to be able to see it.

1 Like

:+1:

I’ve flown here too @mikeplow :grin:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @mikeplow :grin: