Brougham Castle, Penrith - Added to Castles and Fortifications in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

With this being a EH site I waited until after closing time and took off from a quiet country lane layby. Just be mindful of any walkers/traffic using the lane. That said, I was in the air for over 20mins and no one passed by. You can get some stunning shots of the castle and river nearby.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/04/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @CSB73 :smiley:

And for the useful tips!

1 Like

I flew there last Sunday. Still haven’t had a chance to download the files yet but will post a different perspective here when I do.

1 Like

Yeah, please do. It’s a wonderful area of the Cumbrian countryside!

1 Like

Promised an image from my morning at Brougham Castle. This was early morning just after sunrise. It’s a fantastic location!

1 Like

Great pic @MDJ. I agree it’s such a fantastic location I ll be visiting again over the summer. I think I ll try for some sunset shots given the right conditions!

I’ve flown here too @CSB73 :grin:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @CSB73 :grin:

1 Like

@CSB73 Just in case your wondering Chris, or anyone else Here is my video from the flight. :hugs: