Burnham on Crouch Foreshore - Added to Rivers and Canals in East of England

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

The whole area is within the Southend Airport CRT but didn't restrict the flight in any way. Being crown foreshore no permissions were required.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/03/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thanks @OldSoulBoy - as a novice who has just ordered a DJI drone and I live in this area and want to fly in it. What do you mean by “Southend Airport CRT”? I find conflicting information regarding airspace restrictions for this area. The NATS website shows no restrictions but the DJI Geo website shows that it is Class D airspace and permission to fly is required?

Welcome to GADC, @jonsey1994

Take a look at here re Class D Airspace.

Whilst Class D doesn’t restrict, or impact, our flying, it is always sensible to be aware of these things.

1 Like

Many thanks @OzoneVibe so I assume from that no specific additional requirements or notification, just the usual below 400ft and visual contact at all times?

You got it. :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

Download and install the Drone Assist or Fly Safe app. You’ll find the CRT 2, where Burbham sits, is a controlled zone predominemtly and applies to manned aircraft with regulated airspace up to a height of 4500ft.

A warning will/should pop up on your screen prompting you to take full responsibility of your drone flight. Click yes and your good to go.

Happy flying

1 Like

Or keep it all in one place on our very own DroneScene

1 Like