Campbell Park - Added to Parks and Recreation in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

As it’s a park, I suggest early morning may be best.
Ample free parking is available at ///workflow.snail.boring

There are several interesting areas of the park that are great for drone videos

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/06/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

The Parks Trust do not permit TOAL in any of their sites in Milton Keynes. You can find the locations of their parks at Our Parks in Milton Keynes | The Parks Trust

@silbylaw but thankfully they don’t have any byelaws in place.

And strangely, they have liked some of my drone pics on Instagram!

Thanks for the feedback @silbylaw .

I did check the signs at several of their parks, and did a quick scan of their web site, but didn’t see anything saying I couldn’t fly there.

As @PingSpike has said, there doesn’t seem to be any actual byelaws in place, so I will continue to fly there.
I tend to avoid busy periods, and will always keep away from uninvolved people, so I suspect I will have no problems;)

@PingSpike @BudgieUK
I’m afraid you both seem to be labouring under a misapprehension. The parks in Milton Keynes have nothing to do with the council. That’s why there are no bylaws relating to them and a FOI regarding byelaws was a pointless exercise. All the parks in MK are managed by the Parks Trust and they most definitely do not allow take-off or landing anywhere on their land.
It is possible to obtain permission but it’s never granted for hobby fliers without the necessary CAA authorisations (OA or GVC etc) and insurances in place. I have previously obtained permission to fly SAR from their land but under very restrictive circumstances. I have also overflown the parks but I’ve taken off from public land. (The carparks are also Parks Trust land). They can and will take action if a ranger catches you flying on their land.
@PingSpike I would suggest that any Parks Trust areas which you’ve marked on Drone Scene should be updated with the statement that the landowner does not permit TOAL.
Filming, Photography and Drone Rules | The Parks Trust, Milton Keynes.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the the Parks Trust @silbylaw - do they have a wider byelaw preventing drone flights?

Or do they only have a policy?

@PingSpike
I’ve posted a link to their site already.
They aren’t trying to ban overflight. They’ve never tried to and it’s not in their power. They get that.
But they’re utterly determined that nobody flies from or lands on, their land. That is their right.

I saw that you posted a link to their web page but it was a byelaw or something enforceable that I was looking for @silbylaw :blush:

1 Like

@PingSpike
I’m not sure what bylaws have got to do with it.
The simple fact is that they own and manage the land and they don’t allow TOAL.
If you do it anyway they can make your life unpleasant. Not to mention making it harder for those of us who need to fly from their land for commercial or SAR purposes.

It looks like they have recently updated their policy and basically you can fly for recreational purposes within usual CAA drone code/open category regulations… Filming, Photography and Drone Rules | The Parks Trust, Milton Keynes

Well, that’s a great bit of news, and what a well written policy.
It seems pragmatic and sensible but allows them to take action if flyers are being idiots.
They should be congratulated:)

1 Like

It is good news. Just one point, they have misunderstood the sub 250g rules and they insist on a Flyer ID even when flying sub 250g.