Carrington Estate, Trafford - Added to Everything Else in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

The Carrington Estate covers a wide area between Sale, Carrington and Partington in Trafford. It is privately owned, and crossed by some public footpaths as well as a series of "permissive paths", which the owner allows the public to use for leisure except for certain prohibited activities (quad biking etc).

Photography opportunities include agricultural land plus former and current industrial sites.

Accessibility: several of the paths are rutted and muddy, especially in winter, and sometimes overgrown in the summer. Walking boots or a mountain bike are advisable. Some paths are only accessible through narrow barriers which may not be suitable for wheelchairs.

Hazards: several overhead power lines especially towards the north west. Other footpath users.

Parking: On the west side of the area, I have parked at Heath Farm Lane what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location, the track heading east is barred to vehicles but ok on foot or bicycle, and gives access to many of the paths in the area. On the east edge, I have parked near Firsway Health Centre (what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location), there is a path heading north-west into the estate about 100m west along Firs Way road.

Take-off spots: The pin indicates an area of hardstanding (what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location) accessible via paths from Heath Farm Lane. Very secluded but significant magnetic interference from metal in the concrete surfacing. Other take-off spots that I have used include the following, but there are several places adjacent to fields which are suitable so long as you avoid disturbance to other path users:

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 12/09/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

Thank you @kvetner for adding this location to the DroneScene map

1 Like

Whoops! I’ve not actually flown here @kvetner. Sorry about that :pensive:

Just Checking @PingSpike if the removal works :wink:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like