Castle Campbell, Dollar Glen, Alloa. - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Castle Campbell and Dollar Glen is owned by the National Trust for Scotland, but you can TOAL out with their area at the public footpath which leaves Castle Road north-east of the castle and heads up Saddle Hill (where I've placed the pin). You can also take off from the open hillside to north and to the west of the glen (be aware your TOAL location may be above the height of the castle. There is free parking on Castle Road near the castle and a larger car park at the bottom of the Glen.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/10/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thank you @Drumsagard for adding to the DroneScene map

1 Like

Love the video @Drumsagard those colours look amazing! Bet that’s a great area for a good trek. How far is it from civilisation?

1 Like

Enjoyed that. I walked up there once - in the winter though. Great flying and beautiful colours.

1 Like

Cheers Steve :+1:t2: It’s not actually that far from the town of Dollar, maybe about 1/2 mile, but the road almost goes straight up lol, the glen is very steep. You can’t tell from Google Earth, but the tree lined slopes which are NTS property are steep with a fast flowing burn. The two X’s mark my TOAL, both outside the NTS boundary. I actually walked between these two spots carrying my M2P, a tripod and my Fuji XT3 kit, just about collapsed when I got back to my car :sweat: :laughing:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Sounds like a leg burner lol will keep you in good shape though and again judging by your great photo and video well worth the effort :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Steve :+1:t2: