Chesterton Windmill - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

My take off and landing spot was in the lay-by next to the front gate as the farmland that the Windmill is situated on has No Drone signs up, so respecting the land owners rights I took off and landed on the public road way next to their land.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/11/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Beautiful, Dean :star_struck: Just checked out the video too, really smooth flying :+1:

2 Likes

For anybody wanting to fly this location please note when I attended on the 7th of January 2022 the sails had been removed. No idea why possibly during the winter months to avoid damage in the high winds maybe who knows. But just to make you aware if you’re planning to fly the location.

2 Likes

Deffo photoshopped out mate. Not calling you a liar but you can see the blurred out sails.

1 Like

I just assumed this was already on drone scene. Nice add.

3 Likes

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: I thought the same… but checked this morning and it wasn’t lol

3 Likes

I need a pair of eyes like yours! :joy:

Was in the area this morning as its only a mile from home. Managed to speak to a farmer (Not the landowner) who was locking the gates and fixing the fencing. Recent issues with asb has meant some fence damage and mild graffiti on the building. Sails will hopefully be back by end of May. I didnt tell him i wanted to fly a drone as I got the impression my car would have been under his tractor in little pieces :rofl:

1 Like

yeah the guy who owns it is 100% anti drone because years ago one crashed into the sails causing significant damage so since then he’s anti drone. Thats why all my footage was taken from the public layby at the front of the gate :ok_hand:t2:

Good news about the sails coming back. Will plan a trip. Will be happy to just get ground photography tbf. Shame about the graffiti as that will just mean the landowner will be more inclined to fence this off totally.