Danson Park - Added to Parks and Recreation in London

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Pin shows location of car park entrance.

There is a £3 charge to park at Danson Park at weekends and bank holidays between 1 April and 30 September. You can often find a space to park on the main road outside, then walk in to the park.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 04/09/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I was given to understand that Bexley have a bylaw prohibiting the use of drones. Many thanks.

1 Like

Have you got a link you can share with us Dave @Maxpower please?

I’ve searched for FOI requests and also searched their web site at https://www.bexley.gov.uk/ and can’t find anything to suggest they have a byelaw (or even a policy) that prevents drone flights.

2 Likes

Although I do love the line about ‘beast of draught or burden’

A person shall not bring or cause to be brought into the pleasure ground any poultry, cattle, sheep,
goats or pigs or any beast of draught or burden, unless in pursuance of an agreement with the
Council, or otherwise in the exercise of any lawful right or privilege, he is authorised to do so.
1 Like

I saw no signs at the park entrance about drones and also made a web search.

I’m fairly certain it’s not one of London’s eight Royal Parks, where I believe TOAL is not permitted—however I understand there are exceptions to this so obviously check before flight.

1 Like

Thanks, I must have been misinformed. It arose when I was intending to fly at Footscray Meadows. If you are correct that’s great news.

In Dartford they have a ban on flying on Dartford Heath thats due to someone being hit and killed by a Free Flight or RC plane.
How that can even be applied to drones is a complete mystery and an old and obsolete bylaw that needs to be updated to take in account the differences in drones and aircraft, especially as the drone regs recognise that sub 250g present a minimal risk at all.

Thanks Dave :+1:

Have you seen this more than likely not worth the paper it’s written on. Doesn’t seem to be any paperwork making it legal.
This was sent to me from a mate.
Regards.

What is it? :man_shrugging:t2:

Sorry, should have explained what it is and where it’s from. Just seeing that without any clarification makes it usless.
It’s something they was sent to me.

Here’s a link to the Bexley Parks bylaws, just downloadedit, can’t see any references to drones

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks totally agree with you.