Devil's Quoits - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Devil's Quoits (///textiles.haystack.spreading) is a reconstructed Neolithic (Stone Age) henge consisting of 28 stones (the quoits) in a large circular enclosure defined by a bank and internal ditch. built around 4900 to 4600 years ago using the local stone.

Free parking is available at ///glue.reflector.requests . From the main road follow the signs to the Dix Pit household recycling centre and the car park is about 50m past the centre entrance on the left. Access to the Quoits is along a maintained gravel/dirt path linked directly to the car park.

It is a good clear spot to fly but it did seem to be a hotspot for small aircraft sightseeing the stones. I saw at least 3 small fixed wings and a helicopter in close vicinity in the 1 1/2hrs while I was there, nothing close enough that forced me to down the drone but keep your eyes and ears open wide if you do go there to fly.

The path does also continue past the Quoits and if you fancy the stroll it takes you on a nice walk right around the adjacent lake and finishes back at the car park.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 30/04/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too @MasterYeti :grin:

3 Likes