Draughton, Northampton - Added to Everything Else in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Plenty of open land and fields was an air field at one time.If you fly over the fields you can find some old buildings from the air base that used to be here. this picture is just of some test plants i believe for the farmer

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 12/07/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Some more pictures

1 Like

More information:-
The airfield is called Harrington.Sta.179

Harrington airfield was built by the American aviation engineers but was first used by the Royal Air Force as a satellite Airfield to RAF Desborough from October 1943 to March 1944

1944 to June 1945 the base was occupied by carpetbagger Squadron from United States Air Force by 801 squadron and and 492nd bomber group

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Acedrone :grin:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Acedrone :grin:

Hi Peter lots of good places to fly around Northamptonshire this one is good as it is a massive open space :+1:t5:

Love to know if you have found any special places to fly in the area :slightly_smiling_face:

Only got my drone last week so very new to this. Was at Draughton last night and loved it. Weekley Woods just outside Kettering is great. Park outside Holiday Inn and follow footpath in either direction in front of Miller and Carter. You’ll eventually find a large dirt track to the old quarry - anywhere along there is great and you can either fly over fields, woods or get close to Boughton House

1 Like

That sounds great i have not done Weekley Woods, I think i will give it ago now!
thanks

1 Like