Drayton Manor Foot bridge - Added to Rivers and Canals in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I have been to this location about 5 times now and often there is no one around at all… occasionally there are fishermen on the canal… but mostly not. This is an unusual place on a canal… there are two towers linking a footbridge over the canal and even a moveable bridge for the farmer to cross into his field. there are some wetlands not too far away to fly to to explore and also a canal boat chandlers facility

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 13/04/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I’ve flown here too @Grazuncle :grin:

You gotta be really careful with the trees here!!

The wetlands is part of the RSPB site, so I wouldn’t recommend flying there personally, but it’s a nice walk and often lots of Herons/Bitterns and some other rare sightings. Well worth a walk round.

1 Like

Trees… Ain’t that the truth!

Regarding the wetlands im very high there and I’d lose sight if low or much further than the edge. I tend to go in the direction of the chandler’s… Following the canal snaking. Still praticing.

I notice there are a few other places not far from there, in dronescene.

1 Like

Not overly far from here myself - been meaning to fly around here myself - nice one

@firstadekit shows some limited parking in one of his pics but i have always managed to park there👍🏼