Dream, St. Helens - Added to Monuments in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Dream is a 2009 sculpture and a piece of public art by Jaume Plensa in Sutton, St Helens, Merseyside.

It was funded through The Big Art Project in coordination with the Arts Council England, The Art Fund and Channel 4.

There is a free car park at WA9 4RU on Jubits Lane.

11 Likes

Thanks @kvetner just waiting for people to go then take -off :+1:

1 Like

Two police officers arrived on site on quads whilst I was flying and no problems :+1:

4 Likes

Hi
I went there with a fellow Mavic user and had a great day’s flying.
One note of caution though, the site is on an old colliery and can cause magnetic interference from the disturbed geology etc. We did get several warnings on the app so be careful.
On a more positive note there were no problems with members of the public.

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

1 Like

Just flown here myself today, getting the hang of the new drone.

2 Likes

1 Like

Flew here early morning yesterday @kvetner. Had a try for a shot directly above, seems the top and base need a wash

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi, Can I use Your photo in print, please? We are Poland based magazine for kids (Presto Junior) and want to show them this place. Context: You can make your dreams come true. Thanks in advance @Darwinsdad

I want to fly here @kvetner, have you got any tips or advice on where to take off from?

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Park in the car park off Jubits Lane, I’ve added my parking place and TOAL on Dronescene (I’m usually there at sparrows fart so only probably half a dozen dog walkers/runners about. Avoid between 0800-1030 on Saturdays as there’s a parkrun takes place