Ewloe Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Ewloe Castle just of the A55 onto the B5125 there is a small parking spot near to the pathway to the castle it is also near to the Boarding Kennels, short walk into the wooded area & the castle will be on your left, the castle is lower down in the land than the land you walk in on which make it different from all other castle I know of

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 14/06/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

Where there any ‘no drone’ signs about? Only asking cos on the Cadw website they have a ban on all drone flights around and over sites that they look after. I understand they can restrict TOAL from the grounds but not actual over flight so was just wondering if there was any signage

No, I did not see any signage about no drone flights, I always look around for any no drone signs when I’m looking to fly at a place

Ok thanks or the info :+1:t3:

Your welcome, you know I did not realize it was a CADW site or I would not have flown there, I should have checked the site over online before driving there, once there I had no reception to check on my App’s

I want to fly here @PhilipM, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

1 Like