Fiddlers Ferry power station - Added to Everything Else in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 506

Accessible from the Trans Pennine Trail to the south of the power station, there are a couple of small areas of grass just off the path. Watch out for overhead power lines especially on the south west of the power station.

10 Likes

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

2 Likes

You can also fly from here as not open in day and not sure if it’s open at all

///bound.sinkhole.helpful

2 Likes
2 Likes

Was that flown from behind the old restaurant / pub?

I’ve been meaning to make a jaunt over here for a while now. Gotta get my skates on! :grin:

1 Like

Yes, not even sure if the pub is open any more, didint look like it

As if I’m going to be outdone on my own patch. :face_exhaling:

SSE has actually chosen the path of unenforceable signs with the impression of owning airspace.

Anyway on with the good stuff.

5 Likes

It’s an Indian restaurant now and it’s open. There’s a play area behind the place that seems to usually be deserted. Even had a handy big massive cardboard piece of crap left on it which was useful for takeoff and landing.

1 Like

How long until someone finds a way through the fence?

2 Likes

Seems someone did. Suspected cable thief arrested at Fiddler's Ferry Power Station | Warrington Guardian

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve heard this might be going active again in near future due to fact we have no generating capacity and it was a very clean power station

It was running on biomass the last few years before it was decommissioned so cleaner than coal for sure.

If what you say is true they’re probably panicking because of the upcoming decommission of nuclear plants like Hartlepool without any replacement generation capacity because we’ve squandered a lot of time on replacing fossil fuel plants with nuclear etc.

It’ll take some work to get going again though because there’s already been vandalism and copper theft from the site.

Depends where the biomass is coming from, for Drax the majority is North America

It was coal and biomass mix there were coal stocks in the back last year and depends on we’re copper has been robbed from . They are supposed to have security and teams in it . lol if biomass is coming From USA on the most polluting transport on earth cargo ships you might as well burn coal

Depends where thats coming from, New Zealand is a popular source for UK power stations

Have so much footage of this must have done 20 flights over this in frost , snow , golden hour and dusk with Mavic 3 and mini 3 pro

According to what came through out door was the plans for the site about 2 months ago

2 Likes