Hanover Point on Compton Beach - Added to Coastal Scenery in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Easy access from car park and wooden steps.

The area to the West of the car park is National Trust, to the East isnt.

Watch the tides, its easy to get wet feet.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 17/12/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Isn’t this National Trust land?

@Shane22 if you click on the link to Drone Scene above, you can turn on the National Trust layer and take a look for yourself :smiley:

That is why I asked, as we visit there a lot and would love to fly it, but looks as if NT own it and they don’t allow drones, sadly

What if you took off from the pink Foreshore and Estuary section about six feet to the left? :thinking:

Sorry, it’s about 26ft :blush:

In no way wish to challenge flying there, just so keen to find a way that is OK​:blush::blush:

Yes, it’s fine, you have permission:

So as long as I stay in the Crown estate part. I’m OK. Brilliant - thank you

As long as you take off and land from the pink parts of the map.

Once you have taken off from public land you can then legally fly directly over any National Trust private / managed land :smiley:

Gee read so much about the National Trust having banned flying over and if they can legally do that. Confused😕

Much as they’d love to, they can’t, only the CAA control and regulate the airspace.

Take off from public land and fly where you like (with the confines of the Drone Code).

Thank so much.
I wii learn

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your photos and videos from Hanover Point soon @Shane22 :smiley:

Thank you.
Afraid it will be next June before we are there as we only got back last week