Hodge Close Quarry-Little Langdale - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 611

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Hodge Close Quarry is a massive excavation of light green coloured slate, sheer-sided and unfenced, with an original worked depth from ground level of about 100m (300 feet).

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 09/01/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

8 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Meljo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stunning

1 Like

Beautiful location. Can I fly there with my DJI Mini 2?

Yes absolutely, just don’t get yourself too close to the edge! :rofl:

Brings back memories of scuba diving there - been to the bottom several times. Access to the water’s edge is through a tunnel under the hill from a lower carpark :slight_smile:

Have dived it many a time, however my drysuit seems to have shrunk these days. I don’t know if Dave still allows you to drive down with your vehicle (for a small fee of course :money_mouth_face:).
The little stream through the tunnel to the scaffolders ladder is just visible to the right before the two diggers…

2 Likes

I know the feeling - it is over 20 years since I last went diving and I doubt my old suit would still fit me :frowning: