Holkham Hall - Added to Historic Buildings in the East of England region on the map at DroneScene.co.uk

I have has just added this to the UK Map of places to fly your Drone at https://dronescene.co.uk

![](upload://x305SLtsm80PVDbcguG7IHPDFT8.jpg)

I recently went to Holkham Hall, but was given to understand that the owners do not allow UAVs to be operated to be flown from their property. In fact, their website states:

Holkham Estate Drone Policy

Drones on Holkham Estate
With an increase in enquiries and interest in the use of drones or UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) to film or photograph Holkham Estate and land, we need to be careful to balance these possibilities with the need to protect and conserve the land and buildings and to ensure safety for our visitors and wildlife.

Drone Guidance
We will not grant permission to fly for amateur or student filming or approve requests from any fliers who seek permission in return for access and use of the footage obtained. The use of UAVs or drones is not permitted on or over any Holkham land without prior written approval. If use is approved by Holkham Estate then the following conditions will apply.

Drone Flight Conditions (If Approved)
All operators must hold the following:

• A current and valid CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) ‘Permission for Commercial Operations’ (PFCO) licence.
  • Evidence of valid insurance cover with a minimum of £5million cover.
  • A risk assessment for the proposed flight.
  • A method statement outlining what equipment will be used.
  • A flight plan outlining where flying is proposed.

All drone operations must be conducted strictly in accordance with CAA legislation and regulations, two elements to draw attention to below:

• UAVs/drones are not permitted to be flown within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.
  • UAVs/drones should not be flown within 50 metres of any person except during take-off or landing or within 30 metres of any person except for the person in charge of the aircraft.

Next Steps
If you are interested in flying a drone/UAV for filming on the Holkham Estate, please contact Holkham Estate’s Location Managers to discuss your project. paul@norfolklocations.co.uk or george@norfolklocations.co.uk

Please note: For all projects including commercial and personal filming use, drone/UAV flying will be treated as a commercial hire and fees will apply as appropriate.

The original post was over a year ago, and the photo may have been taken some time before that. Things can change.

DroneScene posts only indicate where people have flown, not necessarily an indication that flying there is without issue.

I can confirm that Holkham is a no go for drones, I flew near there in the Summer and was ejected from the beach at Wells (which is also Holkham Estate Property)
A most of Wells comes under their Estate as well (even Crown Estates website is apparently wrong).
Pompous load of arseholes !.
My advice: Fly from the public road, then see what reaction you get !.
remember: they cannot stop you flying over there land, providing you take off/land on Public Property.
That’s my take on things, according to CAA.