How clever I am!

I should not have released that picture as it was, only half done. All good now as you suggested and signed off.
Thank you for your interest.

1 Like

Photo ?

I did send one with the labels, not taking the cover off again. All cover strips fitted. Some said they did not like a couple of chocolate blocks extending the earths, but electricians use these. What is the alternative, crimped connectors with a cover ?

no, it’s been great… but that is always the issue with posting anything

my worst experiences ever have been asking a computer coding question on stack overflow… man that place is toxic.

you can up AND down vote a question… man… everyone jumped on the band wagon, despite me search before I posted and asked my very specific question.

the other similar experience I had … also with coding was asking a question on toe ROS (robot operating system) forum… same thing as stack overflow

I guess the only thing I can put it down to is those in the know feel threatened by those without the knowledge… when really giving them a piece of advice has no bearing on how much or little they know and no impact on their livelihood… or whether or not they take that advice

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/1997/06/01/advice-like-youth-probably-just-wasted-on-the-young-2/
you may need a VPN to view it…

or you could just listen to the baz lurhmann version… it seems to have been remarkably true for me in life

1 Like

Soldered and heat shrink.
Crimped (with a proper ratchet tool, not those cheap DIY pliers)
Wago style connectors.

1 Like

Yes agree. But we had our kitchen done recently, and they used chocolate blocks with a bit of tape round them.

Thanks for the postitive and pleasant replies. I will let you into a secret, I joined Grey Arrows a few years ago but it seemed so catty and obstructive I left after a few days. I think the clientel have improved in quality now, I am still here. You should keep me, lots of good stuff coming to make you jealous. Mini 4 makes me jealous!!

1 Like

Kitchen fitters are not usually electricians (or plumbers for that matter). A choc block never needs tape round it, it should have been inside an enclosure.

Agreed, most of us are good quality. :laughing:

1 Like

It was electrians, as specified by the kitchen company, £2k worth of work, same for the plumbing.

Did you get electrical test certificates for the work that they carried out?

Don’t know, they were a big company.

Hey @toad007

I’ve been a fly on the wall here for some time, and I just want to say thank you for starting this thread.

It’s made me smile, laugh and cry. Better than a box set on Netflix :joy:

Please, please do keep posting pictures of your projects. The world needs you👍

"I love this forum "

2 Likes

Waypro

Thanks very much, someone loves me !
What else can I say from my Megalomaniac personality !
I also have a Yacht Master offshore certificate, ICC examiner (International Certificate of Confidence) Safety boat Driver (RIB).
None of this probably means anything to anybody of course !
And much worse, one of my many daughters is expecting in two months !

To Thorpeness from Aldeburgh.

1 Like