Lea Marston Lakes - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

No real parking nearby. Use Kingsbury Water Park*

Some good space for flying and practising cinematic footage over water. A few small man made waterfalls to practise long exposures. Fairly quite here in comparison to Kingsbury Water Park, just saw a few teens in the hour or so I was walking around) and as this doesn't fall under Warwickshire County Council Park land, you're free to fly your drone (at time of posting this)

*Kingsbury Water Park despite being in North Warwickshire Council region is managed by Warwickshire County Council who have a blanket no drone policy on their parkland.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 08/09/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

So dispute the * above.

Back in July before I realised Kingsbury water park was managed by Warwickshire council and the fact it’s walking distance from my doorstep I visited quite often in quiet areas to practise flying (I now do my practising in the Lea marston lakes as per the original post)

I took these photos of a stunning sunset when summer was at its peak and the sun set at about 9pm. It was great as obviously no park rangers at that time and just a few dog walkers who took no attention. But rules be rules I haven’t been back since mainly to keep the peace with my local residents should anyone kick up.

1 Like