Leeds Liverpool Canal (Leigh Branch) - Added to Rivers and Canals in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The Leigh branch of the Leeds Liverpool canal goes right through Wigan Flashes.

2 Likes

Real Nice shot.

There’s something about water and greenery that just makes a picture worth taking and shows what lush countryside we have here in the UK

It’s a great place, I walk my dog here every day, she loves it :dog2:

Quite unusual too as the canal runs right through the middle of ‘Wigan Flashes’, which are essentially a group of old collapsed and flooded coal mines - not sure how the canal hasn’t collapsed in to the mines?!

I’ve probably spent more time flying here than anywhere else, I’ll dig out some more photos :+1:

2 Likes

Hey Rich, I am thinking of flying here tomorrow, does it get busy in the afternoon and where is the best spot for Toal, asking as I am still an amateur! :wink:
Thanks
Wayne.

If you’re there early (8am or before) you can take off from anywhere, it’s deserted, you’ll literally have the place to yourself.

If the sun is shining, it’ll be busy in the afternoon :grimacing:

Two recommendations for quiet areas during busy hours.

First, if you’re entering via the original green marker I dropped then follow the path to the canal and cross the bridge to the other side. Walk about 300yards and hang a right, there’s a nice little alcove which is ideal.

You’ll be here, which is also where I was when I took this photo.

Or my second recommendation is an old derelict farm house.

You can get there either by following this red line, or by parking on the blue dot here and using another entrance.

Farm house is about a ten minute walk from the blue dot.

Lots of wide open countryside from here :+1:t2:

1 Like

Cheers great info, hopefully, the weather will be kind to me :slightly_smiling_face:, I will probably check out both places :+1:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @PingSpike :grin:

2 Likes