Leigh on Sea Old Town - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in East of England

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Some part of the foreshore are in the Southend Airport hazardous zone area but simply agreeing to the DJI app questions and all was good.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 23/05/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

7 Likes

I can almost smell the cockles by watching it.

I guess the piles of cockleshells have long since gone that I used to climb as a child!

They’re still there. A number (four I think) are still operating commercially with boats operating and sailing from the creek. Osbourne’s have grown substantially and now have two shops along the front.

The whole area has become very nouveau riche in recent years with restaurants such as The Boatyard bringing a different kind of life to the area. A number of old traditional boatyards have gone, making way for niche artisan workshops and small local businesses. It still retains a lot of the old charm I knew and loved growing up as a teenager. Has to be said though. It gets absolutely mobbed, and I mean heaving in the Summer, weekdays but especially the weekends.

Nice video. How about one at high tide.

As @OldSoulBoy notes The Boatyard is a fabulous place to eat and the prices keep the ‘desired’ clientele partaking in the dining experience. £50 for a seafood platter for 2.

1 Like

High tide is seagull hell down there regardless of the hour and they hate my Mini 2 :smiley: As you say, The Boatyard is a tad expensive but you know the kind of company you’re keeping when your in there, and they put on some great live music gigs too.

Like the music and the video :+1:

1 Like

Thanks

I want to fly here @OldSoulBoy, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?