Lytham Windmill - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Nested in between Blackpool and Warton NFZ's, be careful not to wander East or South as you will enter Warton airspace, Keep West along the green or North towards the town.

Easy parking with several carparks plus on road parking but area gets very busy with dog walkers and joggers so best time is early morning when it is quiet.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 27/01/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Warton are brilliant. I have flown there a few times at weekends. Rang Warton for permission and on each occasion their response was “we are closed on Saturday fill your boots.” OK that’s sort of paraphrasing apart from on the first occasion when that was their exact words.:rofl:

3 Likes

Yep they also have a web system for getting flights approved…Drone Portal

I’d love to get out there in summer… was wary about the NFZ’s but that’s encouraging to read about Warton permissions :slight_smile:

I’ve flown here too @Diveuk :grin:

I’ve flown here too @Diveuk :grin:

1 Like

Kept clear of flight path restrictions and got this image. Just after I landed 2 aircraft did take off.

3 Likes