Mayflower park Southampton Doc - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I parked in the mayflower parking area. This is another great spot for getting footage of ships coming into Southampton docks and leaving

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/07/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Thanks.

I am looking to do the same next week.

1 Like

There’s a website that lets you know what ships are coming in or going out
https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Planned_Movements/

1 Like

Your skill in the multi-finger manoeuvres is formidable! Really enjoyed the coverage. I am going there soon and will use this information. Thank you for sharing this.

1 Like

Hi, I am taking my parents here on the 3rd Jan as they are sailing on the P&O ship Arcadia. i was hoping to try and get some footage with my mini 2 weather permitting. Is it ok to fly from here or am i better off going over to Calshot? Ship probably won’t be sailing till 16:30ish so will be dark if i wait till then and not sure of the ability of the mini 2 in the dark?

1 Like

There are no airspace restrictions here @Pabainbridge74

They are very good indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely recommend Calshot castle as this is what I got last week

1 Like

Not at the Mayflower Park, but where P&O dock there is a 200ft max height (I think that is the height without checking) as under the flight path for Southampton.

Therefore might be better driving to the other side at Calshot Castle as recommended by @Tonymc

DJI made up bollocks you mean? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If you say so - only going on the apps that I have and not DJI

1 Like

very nice! It looks like there are a few drones in the sky lol. I take it I wont be there on my own?

2 Likes

There were four drones in the sky but unfortunately two of them were flying bvlos as they’d both took off from areas that you wouldn’t see that other people had toal on the area we had and there’s no way they could see their drone :grimacing:

It happens there due to where ships are docked.