Mid mar Forrest, Aberdeenshire - Added to Forests and Trees in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Midmar Forrest no Echt in Aberdeenshire. Right on the edge of Aberdeens Dyce Airports red zone. Parking is at the Sunhoney car park (free for maybe 5 cars), short walk until the granite clearing. I only flew as high as the tree line as the area also has gliders from Aboyne sometimes.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/05/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Aberdeen here too got a Mini 2 at Xmas and looking for good places to fly nearby… I’ve been to Keith Tower near Durris and Cullerlie Stone Circle near Garlogie

I haven’t had much time to go out with my Mini2, seems to be a fight between weather, work and family time. Was flying over the Dee at Park Bridge when it was quiet one evening. Also found a stone circle just outside Tarland but was busy on a Sunday afternoon. Just hoping we start to get better weather soon. There were some nice areas up by Finzean and quiet.