Old Girobank site - Added to Everything Else in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

This was the old Post Office And Girobank processing site which was being demolished. I asked thd site manager for permission to fly on the day.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 12/01/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Good video, sad to think how many people lost jobs when this place was demolished.

Yes I worked there for 30 years…sad it’s got to the state it’s at. I’ve heard the whole site is going to become a transport or container storage depot!

Too many buildings are being destroyed. Sad to see them all go.

Great video, as are all your others. I’m in Scarisbrick, so would be interesting to meet up?
Tony

Hi Tony, yeah not a problem

I work shifts at Manchester Airport so I’m not always available at weekends. Happy to catch up though somewhere close to us both. Drop me a couple dates when you’re free over the next few weeks and maybe meet up at Booths Cafe (Burscough).

Ian

Hi Ian

Your message came through to my [Admin Edit: Email address removed] email, but my reply to you bounced back from the Greyarrows server as undeliverable. Can you let me have a normal (gmail / Outlook etc) email to respond to with dates for a meeting

Regards

Tony

@TonyF @Bradders101 why not create a new post in the Meetups category instead :smiley:

1 Like

Yes sure

[Admin Edit: Email address removed]