Ouse Valley Viaduct - Added to Bridges in South East

I have just received an email from Balcombe Estate confirming they own the land adjacent to the Viaduct.

Even if they’re trying to tell you not to fly over the site, unless there’s an airspace restriction, not a byelaw, it means jack all in law.

Overflight is not trespass, except in very fringe cases where you’re flying so low you’re actually materially interfering with people in an objective way, and just being bothered by a drone at 100m doesn’t count.

This.

Overflight is allowed, also in the absence of bylaws and the actual presence of a Public ROW means you would be well within the law to TOAL from their land as there is case law to support use of footpaths etc for more than just transiting.

I had noticed that large house north of the Viaduct while flying my drone. I was wondering who owned it.

Managed to get some footage at the viaduct. It was a very dull day but I’m really please I flew there. It’s given me the confidence to exercise my rights more. feels great!

Ouse Valley Viaduct

4 Likes

Nature of this time of year glad you managed to fly and get some shots.

May i ask, Can i fly Under the Ouse Valley Viaduct? i want to capture a tunnel shot. I plan on going soon, but im still undecided whether i should continue or not.

Hi @linkbiscuit, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

1 Like

OK :slight_smile:

I want to fly here @ResilienceUAV, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

1 Like

Hi @getawayhs2, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

The (very limited) parking is on the side of the road where the marker is on the Drone Scene map.
Take off and land from where you park or ignore the “No Drones” sign and walk nearer to the viaduct and TOAL from there. It is very unlikely that anyone will challenge you. The railway line on top of the viaduct is still in active use so avoid crashing into a train.

Any chance you could add the parking and TOAL markers on Drone Scene?

The info is then readily available to anyone browsing the locations.

Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Parking marker and a couple of TOAL markers to this location @ResilienceUAV :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes