Penhill Beacon - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in Yorkshire and the Humber

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 740

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Plenty of parking at the pin! Good walk up to the Beacon. 2 hours up there and back.

I will advise there is signs up asking to keep dogs on leads between April and July due to ground nesting birds. I’d say its probably not advisable to fly up here during those months.

I was battling 20 - 25 mph gusts whilst up here but the little Mavic Air held up well and WHAT A VIEW it got!

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 08/08/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

Thanks for adding to the DroneScene map.

Spent a lot of time up there in my youth, fantastic party of the world, great video

1 Like

Excellent video. Only one point. It should read Leyburn and not Layburn.

2 Likes

Well spotted! I’ve amended the title and re-rendering the video. Its annoying YouTube won’t let you change the video once uploaded.

You can …

• Go to your home page, click on your avatar, top right, select “YouTube Studio”.

• Select “Videos” on the left side.

• Hover over the video entry and select the pencil icon.

1 Like