Rudyard Reservoir - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 769

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Car parking is £3 for 4 hours. Not sure if permission is required but I just went into the shop / water sport center and asked the manager if it was allowed. Friendly people and no problems flying. Be careful about half way up the lake I got signal interference warnings. Did not seem to affect flying though.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/09/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

I took a trip here the other day as the weather was perfect. On arrival I spotted this on the gate post on the entrance to the car park so it looks likes they’ve banned flying here (at least taking off or landing) shame :cry: just wanted to give the heads up.

Assume the yellow notice underneath is unrelated?

I’m sure you could find somewhere else to take off from @Rolo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it was unrelated mate.

Didn’t you have a screwdriver :smirk:

Yeah I’ll have to revisit in the future and have a scout around. I don’t know the area well so I’ll have to have a butchers at Google earth first.