Riverside Country Park and Ship Graveyard, Medway, Kent - Added to Coastal Scenery in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ_ehf9nH5c

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

4 Likes

Decided to checkout the Ship Graveyard because of the above video! Was really cool, uploaded some footage (Filmed pre lockdown):

3 Likes

Visited this location for the first time yesterday and was blown away by the layers and textures and wildlife on offer. Great location for beginner practice. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Has anyone else flown here? Riverside Country Park has a ‘no drones’ statement (which I suspect is unenforceable). I can’t see how the park restriction - even if it is enforceable (TOAL aside) - could apply to offshore flights anyway, but it’s allegedly for wildlife protection, so I don’t want to make a nuisance of myself. But if people are flying there regularly, I don’t want to avoid it when there’s no need.

I have flown here on several occasions. I checked extensively for any specific restrictions and could not find any. I think I may have found a reference to drones on an old Facebook post from the park’s FB account but I could not find any details of current exclusions.

I also checked the notice boards around the park and there was no mention of drones (but a lot of focus on the banning of fishing and BBQs).

Obviously, care should be taken here as it is an SSSI so you need to ensure you do not disturb the local fauna.

Some of the colours and textures you can find in the park look great from above (e.g. like this).

Where did you see the ‘no drones’ statement, @speedracer66?

I think it must have been the same FB post you saw - which is almost four years old and is ambiguous…

“With the coming hot weather, the ranger team would like to advise that drones are not allowed to be used on the park, this is because of the risk to breeding birds and also to our visitors…”

Could mean ‘No drones’. Could mean ‘Hold off on the drones while the birds are breeding and the place is packed’.