SS Nornen - Added to Everything Else in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Nice wide open space with loads of on beach parking. Very quiet today even with the great weather. Voluterily landed once to wait for some walkers to get photo's, and that was it.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 27/03/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Just to make it explicitly clear the walkers were still way outside drone code limits when i landed for them. The fact a drone was in the air appeared to be of no concern to them, but was to me.

Don’t worry, this isn’t Facebook, there are no drone police here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to fly here @PPL, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

Hi @Barracudamark if you use the entrance marked parking, the majority of the beach is parkable. TOAL is much the same (Crown foreshore) but i have added a marker close to the wreck anyway

Hi PPL
JUST CHECKING. IS IT OK TO FLY HERE BECAUSE ITS IN A YELLOW ZONE.
SORRY IM NEW TO ALL OF THIS.

Don’t worry about it everyone was new at some point.
A number of us have flown there
The wreck and any TOAL is well into the crown foreshore. I probably put the toal too close to the dunes. (Fat fongers snd moblie)

Thanks for your reply
Yep I’ll give it a go and have a look at the wreck.
Thanks for your help :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like