St Bees Beach - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Very long, very scenic sandy beach, the sand is completely covered by the tide so check tide tables before arrival.
Can be a busy place, it really is a nice beach, but usually there is a clear space giving you room. On the rocks near st bees head are the remains of the boilers and keel of the SS Izaro, a spanish steamer that ran aground and was wrecked here in 1907

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 22/02/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Looks great. How near to Sellafield is this? I considered going there, but thought it might be a bit near and therefore not be allowed. Might give it a go

1 Like

Plenty of space from Sellafield mate, you dont really have to worry about the no fly zone untill you are at Braystones, which is about 3 miles down the coast.

Drone Scene has a handy measuring tool built in :blush:

A good distance away it would seem :+1:t2:

1 Like

That does look fine, it never seems that far when you are actually travelling up there. Might give it ago in the summer (before the school’s finish for the summer holidays!!)

Lol. It seems a lot further when you are in the traffic going to site

Hi Jimmy, who do we contact to get permission to fly around St Bees, on golf course side as well hill side? Thank you

Im not sure you would need to contact anyone, though i suppose if you want to overfly the golf course and keep the 500m rule you could go to the club house there and ask.