St Mary's Church, Marston-on-Dove, Derbyshire - Added to Places of Worship in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The church dates from the 13th century. It is built of sandstone ashlar with Welsh slate roofs with stone coped gables. It comprises a west tower and spire, aisled nave with south porch and chancel. It was restored between 1927 and 1929 under the supervision of Derby architect Percy Heylin Curry. The church contains the oldest bell in Derbyshire, which was cast in 1366 by John of Stafford. Its pipe organ dates from the late 17th century and was originally in Sudbury Hall, Derbyshire, and later in Sudbury parish church. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register. [Wiki].

Permission to fly in the FRZ was obtained from the Derby Aero Club ATC (Tel:01283733803). They requested that I contact them if intending to fly between the hours of 0900 to 1800 Summertime in order to establish the validity of a flight and if they granted a request to fly they were required to be notified before and after the flight was started and completed respectively. However, outside these hours, permission was not required. I had to provide my OP and Fly IDs along with a copy of my insurance and my flight plan before they would respond to my email for permission to fly.

Take off was after 18hrs and the TOAL was from the lay-by opposite the Churchyard Main Gate.

The Church is easy to access just off the A51, Marston Ln, Marston-on-Dove, DerbyshireDE65 5GB

The originator declared that this location was inside a flight restriction zone at the time of being flown. Permission to fly was obtained from Derby Aero Club Tel:01283733803 on 3 Aug 2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like