Sycamore Gap Tree - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The Sycamore Gap Tree or Robin Hood Tree is a sycamore tree standing next to Hadrian's Wall near Crag Lough in Northumberland, England. It is located in a dramatic dip in the landscape and is a popular photographic subject, described as one of the most photographed trees in the country.

Park at the Steel Rigg car park, ///blockage.deny.relax charges apply and card payment wasn't working on the 6th June 2020 (I think it was £4).

From the car park, follow the trail for just under a mile, if you walk along the path near the wall there are some steep inclines, there is a gentler path which runs around the outskirts and to the south.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 06/06/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

What a difference in the short time since l was there. Excuse the screen shot from the video.

I had to do a double take to spot the tree, my eyes were drawn to the milecastle.

I’ve flown here too @markas :grin: