Thelwall Nature Ramble - Added to Rivers and Canals in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Excuse the cr^&*y photo but I aborted a 360 pano and this view was, for me, the only item of interest. This is open common land and a few dog walkers, but other than that it was quiet for us. The river you see is a part of the River Mersey.

We parked in the Thelwall vicarage (as my BIL is the vicar), but there is plenty of on street parking and you we used the "Thelwall Penny ferry" to get across. This was the massive sum of 31p return journey - but sadly I note the service has now ended. I read it is to be replaced by a motorboat, but you may need to check. Alternative parking would be at Westy Park and walk across.

Plenty to photograph or video around here though with the Manchester Ship Canal alongside, and if lucky you may even get one of the huge ships going through the locks.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 14/08/2018. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like