Tower Bridge - Added to Bridges in London

Whilst that’s an interesting article, it’s 5 years old and I noticed the email within that article mentions :

“This however is an ongoing issue and will be discussed next month at a meeting with the Department for Transport.”

Does anyone know if this ’ ongoing issue ’ was resolved ?

2 Likes

It is very clear I believe - all we need to do is to follow CAA rules and recommendations related to drone flying as they are the governing body. So until you not taking off from the land controled by London Port then you alright. Also, we should remember that even bylaws can not ban us from flying somewhere due to the fact that bylaw can not regulate something what is already regulated by law, that’s why vouncils are not realy in power to stop us from flying over their territory, the only way they can restrict us is by banning take off and landing from they land…

Or using PSPO

Yes, but again, PSPO apply only to activities on the ground and not the air, so if you able to find where to take from and land to you alright :wink:

I’d still be very interested in what was resolved at that DfT meeting.

Of course it would be interesting to know… I found this video very interesting https://youtu.be/BLIh67wg1wg

I’ve emailed the CAA with the article link… I’ll report back if and when I receive a reply. :+1:

That’s great Idea, hopefully they will get back to you soon and you will let us know :blush:

I’ve flown here too @etchacan :grin:

3 Likes

So here was my email and their reply. Make of their reply what you will… The same spiel the PLA replied to me last year.

As usual… well, as they have no control over the airspace, I’ll be flying as much as I like, only go8ng to follow CAA rules…

By the way, thank you for an update :pray::clap:

1 Like

I flew at this location for a second time today. This time to get 10bit (D-Cinelike) footage and some better quality stills. I also braved it and flew over the Thames for the first time. Really good to have the above info in my mind, so thanks for the researching. I went really early around 6:30AM on a Sunday. There was nobody there except a caretaker. In case anyone is interested, I chatted a bit with the caretaker. He explained to me that the development across the street from the park is responsible for maintaining the park. He said he was a concierge there and part of his duties is to take care of the park, litter pick, etc. He said although the park is managed/run by the development he works at it is open to the public. I asked him if he minded if I TOAL my drone from there and he was totally ok with it. He said it’s not an issue at all. Friendly chap. Also, had a great flight.

1 Like

Also give Bermondsey Wall East a try at some point. It’s a bit further up on the south side of the river and I’ve uploaded the location and info on the Dronescene map. Had no issue there whatsoever.

1 Like

If you’re in that area, Bermondsey Beer Mile is a shit load more fun!

:crazy_face:

I’ve flown here too @etchacan :grin:

1 Like

Stunning image, look forward to carry out some night flying here, and some hyperlapse.