Two Tree Island - Added to Coastal Scenery in East of England

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Drive on past the train station at Leigh on Sea and just follow the road as far as it will take you. You'll eventually come to a small boat jetty with a quite large unmade car park on your right.

Further right through the car park is where the coastal walk starts. From here there are many open space from which to take off and land from.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 27/02/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Nice relaxing video

Cool video! I live in Leigh and have just ordered the DJI Mini 2! It can be difficult to find places with Southend Airport and Shoeburyness MOD airspace restrictions.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC, @TotallyBananas .

You went for the Mini2 … even though its successor has just been released? Any particular reason?

1 Like

The £300 price difference was big reason and it’s my first drone. Maybe I’ll treat myself to that in a couple of years, who knows there might be a better successor by then :slight_smile:

A successor, definitely. Better … who knows. :wink:

Do you think the price difference warrants going for the mini 3 pro over the mini 2? Are there major differences?

Major, probably not. Very quiet, seems to be one of the most noticeable, from reports of those that have one.

I’m not in the market for one, so not examined the differences in great detail.

This thread has all the lowdown … if you look back through the more recent posts.

1 Like

For me the most important additions are noise, tracking, obstacle avoidance, bitrate and 120fps. Also looks like it’s not as over-sharpened.

1 Like

After researching the DJI Mini 3 Pro further and watching it reviewed on YouTube, I caved in and cancelled my Amazon delivery of the Mini 2.

I then tried desperately to find stock of the Mini 3 Pro and luckily Argos had some in Milton Keynes (6% off work perk). I ordered it and drove up there yesterday. Worth the 4hr round trip. I now own a mini pro 3! Taking it out for a test flight later today or tomorrow! :helicopter::grinning::helicopter::tada::helicopter:

Any other similar discount perks for argos or other mini 3 retailers. Or tcb? Want to pull the trigger when I can find net 10% off rrp.