Winspit Quarry near Worth Matravers - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K8FPln3rpE

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park at Worth Matravers Car Park and then it is a bout a 2 mile walk down to the quarry. Bear in mind it is an uphill walk on the way back to the car park, and it is not suitable for wheel chairs or mobility scooters.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 31/05/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Excellent viseo - I would not have been brave enough to take the Mavic into the caves. Well done

@Vennwood
Hi, thanks for your comment.

Well I have to admit to a few tricks to that part, first there is a cut as the drone just gets into the cave entrance, so upto that point it is the Mavic flying but what you see is the reverse of what I actually filmed. I got the Mavic in as close as it would go into the cave entrance and then flew back and up. From the cut on I filmed with my Osmo Pocket, if I had thought about it more I could have hand landed the Mavic walked around the cave carrying it walked out and took off again, next time maybe.

I was still quite happy with it although the Osmo was pointing up a bit too much. it did have the desired effect though.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation - still well done and looks great