Woodcote Road Solar Farm, Sale - Added to Everything Else in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I parked at the end of Woodhouse Lane (what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location, postcode M33 4WR). From there, go around the gates that block the road heading west, and follow the footpaths to the north and then north-west. There is space at what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location to take-off without obstructing footpaths.

Key hazards: dog walker and dogs, and there is an overhead power line very close by. The take-off location suggested is at least 150m clear of the nearby residential area.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/08/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

More photos from this site:

Thanks for adding to the map @kvetner :+1:t2: :clap:t2:

wonder when they built that ! my nans in 2 mins walk from it! remember walking on them empty feilds and playing hide n seek as a kid !

A slightly different perspective.

4 Likes

and the tip if near there too haha! need tto do the feild a bit more towards tthe United training ground as i know there is a massvie body of water in them fields :slight_smile: or wsale water park :slight_smile: or wythenshawe park haa!

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

2 Likes

I ought to get back there. Need a good sunset, or the snow.

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

2 Likes

and the housing estate to the right is where my nan lives lol

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face: