Wrawby Windmill - Added to Everything Else in Yorkshire and the Humber

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Wrawby Postmill is a windmill at Wrawby near Brigg, in North Lincolnshire, England.
The mill is the last post mill in the north of England, and was built between 1760 and 1790 to serve the Elsham Hall estate. Originally it had four common sails, but through most of its working life had a more usual combination of two common and two spring sails, providing power with flexibility. It was working until the 1940s, when it had four spring sails, before becoming derelict. Following a possibility of demolition it was acquired and restored in 1965 by Wrawby Windmill Preservation Society. Maintenance work in 2008, which returned the mill to mixed sail types, was funded by the SPAB Mill Repairs Fund and local residents.

Parked in car park infont of windmill. Windmill reopens April for tours

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 12/01/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Early morning start to catch sunrise. Well worth Drive

Nice. Was on my shortlist this. Great picture

Just be careful flying there, the edge of the runway protection zone is literally along the line of the road.

1 Like

Thanks for that did have indication that Humberside zone was very close by when I took off.