2019 Mixed Theme Challenge

Good video mate

I went out last night to trial Litchi and had no real plans to try and capture anything so this image is a bit ‘meh’ in terms of interest. It is a grab from some of the footage I snagged using DaVinci Resolve. Not sure if the footage will be useful beyond a few image exports but will see what we see.

Location for this is here and if you scroll out you will see HMP Parc almost due north - you can just see one edge of Coity castle in the image and is something I’ve shot with my drone and DSLR a few times over the years as it is only 20m walk from my house.

Anyway, definitely meets the ‘Golden Hour’ criteria…

10 Likes

Hell yeah it does!

Entry confirmed :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Here is my entry for the Golden Hour taken this morning at 05:45. It includes the Holy Trinity Church in Kemsley, Sittingbourne. Behind the church is the Milton Creek country park. The sun wasn’t strong due to low cloud, but as I’m usually working during both golden hours I didn’t want to rely on getting any sun this weekend.

7 Likes

Just been in Cannes for the week. I was tempted to take the Mavic Air

Sunset in my village last night

17 Likes

Golden Hour
Taken 21/05/19 at Silverlink Biodiversity Park, North Tyneside aorund 20:30
The Sundial is on top of the highest hill in North Tynside, 92m and is 5m in height. If you get to close to it with the Mavic you get compass error mesages.

10 Likes

I’m not going to get much of an opportunity for Golden Hour in the UK so here’s a quick clip from this evening of Edinburgh Castle. Getting to be a familiar view here!

7 Likes

Is that taken from calton hill? Very good pic

stunning image Lee :clap::ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Really like the shape and light in that one Grahame, a view which could only be seen from drone :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Cheers Brian

Taken at 21:37 On the 22nd may 2019. In Morecambe. Looking out from above the West end toward the bay. I only popped out to put my lads bike away, I looked up and saw the sunset so ran indoors, grabbed the M2P and sent it up, all I did was alter the iso on the fly. I need to get learning the camera settings.

5 Likes

This pic was taken to tonight just after 9pm from where I work at Royal Portbury Docks near Bristol. This is straight from my mp with only a small tweak to the white balance

6 Likes

Nice one Steve, you get some great sunsets on the coast there. I remember years ago getting a fabulous sunset at Arneside. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! No, it’s from Queen St Gardens East.

This is from Wyken Slough in Coventry taken on 24/5/19. After a little Whiskey. It crashed a short while after breaking my 3d printed hd camera mount. Flew again though. But got a shot in.

2 Likes

Golden Hour
I’ve entered this shot on the advice of PingSpike, thanks. There are two quarrys at Threshfield this being the small one, I just happened to be out at the right time and saw this while filming the DH/Litchi comparison videos. None of the quarrys are working so no danger and both are accessible on foot.

8 Likes

Sunset Over Liverpool Bay (Taken a few weeks ago using my Mavic Pro)

10 Likes

Burford Oxfordshire Sunset Monday 27th Mavic 2 Pro

9 Likes