2022 Fundamental Colour Challenge - Winners Announced!

Very small, nearly didn’t get back out :rofl:

It’s a bit of a squeeze (recently made worse). Don’t take a big packed lunch. :laughing:

The “Grey” Bailey bridge crossing the Trent at Walton on Trent, Staffordshire.

Taken yesterday with a mini2 on auto.

This Bailey bridge was built as a temporary structure in 1974. This one replaced the first temporary Bailey bridge built in 1947.
The bridge that these two metal structures replaced was damaged during the floods of 1947.

At peak flow times locals know it is best avoided because it is a single lane bridge controlled by traffic lights.
Lots of joy and laughter is caused when vehicles over 3 tons and over 2.3 meters wide attempt to breach the width restrictions fitted at each end of the bridge.

4 Likes

Here is one I took looking down a cooling tower the last time I was at Willington

6 Likes

Grey clouds over the Yorkshire wolds

Date: 08/05/22
Taken with a Mini 2

To the right of the picture can be seen High Hunsley radio mast High Hunsley - Wikipedia

8 Likes

Croft Quarry

May 8th 2022 10:49am
Dji Air 2s vertical panorama mode

Croft and Huncote Quarry, or Croft Quarry as its more commonly known, is one of the biggest man-made holes in Europe

This was my first time at Croft Quarry it is absolutely beautiful to walk round with amazing views I would highly recommended it.

15 Likes

Reckon I’ll go with this one

3rd May, DJI Mini 2, local building site

Houses under construction

11 Likes

I only just notice a flaw in the vertical panorama I will try and fix it if I can! and re submit

cant fix it so it stays as it is

More concerned by the building site :joy:

My grey entry. Some weird round thingies at a Mushroom farm between Littleport and Mildenhall.
Taken Sunday 8th May at 11ish.

8 Likes

Reminds me of Eccentrica Gallumbits :thinking:

I had to google that. I have lead a sheltered life!

1 Like

Last Tumblr user ever

Hard knott Hill, on the Hard Knott Pass, Eskadale, Cumbria

9 Likes

Great pic…but taken too soon. Grey competition started 2nd of May :wink:

So it did, Woops! Thanks😂

Hello

This is my Grey entry , it’s Earlham Road crossing the River Yare , norwich
Taken this morning at 5.15am ( yes I got up especially to do this !)
Dji mini 2

5 Likes

My entry for the fundamentally grey competition.

taken today at around 4pm at the old Coventry Ikea site. Since Ikea closed down in Coventry they have transformed the old building into some sort of art exhibition centre and they’ve placed this sculpture on one of the ledges of the building.

The image was taken with my OG Mavic Mini.

Huge thanks to @Steviegeek for being my spotter for this image. :+1:t2:

11 Likes

Whats the closing date please?