Big post alert! Having waited for a couple of weeks to get my Air I managed to do a substantial amount of research on it, the rules, post editing etc. Now having flown it a number of times I wondered if I might ask a few newbie arbitrary questions that I can’t seem to find any answers to (hopefully this may be of help to others also):
- How is visual line of sight defined? Or rather BVLOS (beyond visual…) Is it by range (given we all have differing eyesight capabilities and mine are crap ) and if so how much or is it range and uninterrupted view?
- I understand and support 150m ruling and like the idea this prevents overflight of secure facilities/airports/crowds etc due to 400ft ceiling, however, when it comes to the 50m rule how do you define a ‘built up’ area and therefore no flying over? Is it a certain number of dwellings for example?
- I note the National Trust post on here and the ban on UAV’s etc as an example. If you take off in/and land on an area that is within the public domain (and you are within your rights to do so) is flying over any area at a height greater than 50m; (and not deemed NFZ) trespassing? Not withstanding the application of common sense in terms of privacy etc…
- Aware that the MA bats discharge after a period of time and then enter hibernation mode. How long is it ‘ok’ to keep then at full charge long term ie if you charge them the night before a flight as an example is this detrimental or ok?
Last one! Flight logs:
- In the DJIGo 4 app you can export and it momentarily flashes a path to its location. I’m using a Mac. Does anyone know where to find them and presumably you connect the quad up via DJI assistant to get at them?
Thanks again guys and apologies for the long post!