A few shots of Southsea

I went out yesterday did’nt do to much as got the cold battery warning and took a few shot and video still to edit.
I posted them on a facebook group called Photos old and new of Portsmouth to see what response I would get and its very positive everyone likes them so I am going to try and post some more on there to get people involved and positive.

7 Likes

I post lots of mine on Morecambe & Heysham past and present and always get a good response. Well done buddy.

1 Like

Great initiative guys :+1:
When the public see we are NOT peering in their windows they might be less neurotic and appreciate our hobby as others :+1:
Cheers Steve :heart:

3 Likes

Nice, and I especially like the first one!

1 Like

Thanks as always for your comments guys.

Yes thats what and why I did it ! I will be doing more and posting there and others a good PR stunt as to get the people on our side, I look and find so many derogative comments about “o a drone flew over and disturbed my day” “my life is ruined” they are all pethetic, sorry but they are and normally by people that are retired and detatched from the real world…no offence ment on here to any as I know alot of retired people do this as a hobby but they are different minded to the ones I see post.

Lets win this fight.or flight !

3 Likes

Great shots well done :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks buddy much appriciated.

Those piccies brought back memories! I lived in Portsmouth for 40 years before moving to Horsham 24 years ago. Seeing Eastney and the old Marine barracks from a completely different perspective. Nice job!

2 Likes

Yes just and all through the power of drone mate, any good places up your way to fly ?

Hi,

Unfortunately, due to the close proximity of Gatwick airport (understandably) there seems to be very little “legal” areas to fly So unfortunately I have not flown much.
I hope to get down to the coast and try there.

Keep in touch…Colin

I can imagine its quite frustrating, let me know if you are coming down mate and see if we can meet up, anytime its always good to make and meet new freinds.

1 Like

If only there was a web site that highlighted legal places to fly near Gatwick?

Oh…

Wait…

Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Drone Scene, offering £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance cover

:smiley:

5 Likes

On a separate topic… if I flew to Spitbank fort from the nearest point on Portsmouth, 3.6 miles. Would I be breaking the drone code?

Depends if you could still see it? No optical aids excepting spectacles :slightly_smiling_face:

Problem solved… :wink:

3 Likes